- Case Studies
- Qik-Link Cable Management flooring chosen for installation at Stansted Airport
Qik-Link Cable Management flooring chosen for installation at Stansted Airport
Qik-Link has been chosen for the flooring provider for the new schedule of works to replace the body scanners at Stansted Airport. Yesterday saw work start on the first lane. Once completed more than 20 million people a year will be walking on Qik-Link at Stansted alone!
Great project to be involved with and one that demonstrates the versality of Qik-Link cable management flooring. Qik-Link was chosen for the following reasons:
- Speed of installation – imperative the security lane was out of action for the shortest time possible
- The ease of running cables to power the body scanners and other security equipment through the floor
- Qik-Link’s strength – whilst being lightweight, it could easily take the weight of the new body scanners and can withstand up to 20 million people walking across it each year.
- Qik-Link can take any floor covering. In this case an Anti-slip vinyl tile fixed with permanent adhesive.
Qik-Link’s versatility means that as well as its continuous use within the exhibition and events industry, it is also the raised platform of choice for the retail sector, is being used more and more for Hero displays in the Automotive industry and within Airports and other hubs.
What lies beneath? It could well be Qik-Link!
Back to Case Studies
"Great product. Simple and easy to install, cuts down on site time and labour. Sturdy, well made and unbelievably strong."
Richard Bladen JP Displays